I am a student at Tawa Intermediate School in Wellington, New Zealand. I am in Room 15 and a member of the amazing Huia Syndicate. My teacher is Stephanie Thompson.

Thursday, 30 August 2012

KI O RAIH

 HISTORY OF KI O RAHI

It a fun game to play.
KI O RAIH is a game that's bast on a story


ki o rahi was created as a peaceful way of resolving disputes

between whanau, hapu and iwi.It was played for many centuries

before the arrival of Europeans, however colonial influence meant

that by 1870 most additional including KI O RAHI had been

suppressed. Where KI O RAHI had been banned, rugby was

introduced and as history shows maoi took to it and excelled.
 
During the 1st world war,princess te puea encouraged tainui lwi not

to enlist but to instead revive moari past times as a result a number

of waikato people began playing KI O RAHI and other games.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on my Blog. I appreciate comments that can help me improve my learning.